You know your life is moving in a new direction when:
1. In searching your music archive for songs to fill out your marathon playlist, you discover the New School Rap folder, which contains the fresh beats of Regulate and Let Me Ride. Apparently updating your rap folders hasn't been on the to-do list since the 90's.
2. You run 19 miles and don't want to kill someone afterwards. To accomplish this you wake up early the day of the run and spend an hour prepping, longer than it takes to get ready for church. Hair (Baby Stout style double buns with six hair ties each), beauty products (loads of sunscreen), clothes (carefully chosen to keep it cool and non-chafing), shoes (the last run with this pair because they have had the beat down from training), music (including the rap files) and snacks (one Clif Bar before and one in your pocket for later). During the run you appear confused many times, prompting other friendly runners to give you handy info like where the neighborhood water stops are and which roads have sidewalks. At other times you run-dance and sing when you think no one is looking. Run-dancing is tricky and comes out as more of a wicked case of air drums, but if you get past 15 miles and some of that new school rap blasts through the ear buds, you have little choice. At the end you are so happy that you want to scream (joyously) that you
loved tolerated every minute of it.
3. It's a great day when no one bites you hard enough to leave a mark.
4. You get your most accurate news reports from an eight year old.
5. That same eight year old tells you that the Halloween skeleton scrub brush looks like you, and you are surprisingly not at all offended.