Weekend workouts: yesterday I made it out to a spin class and a Bodyflow class. Double whammy! This never happens because I only have two hours of babysitting at the gym, and usually at least one of those hours is dedicated to running. Our spin teacher reminded me that I freaking love that class, especially when we spin to "Proud Mary." I had to clamp my mouth to keep from scream singing the song for the whole class to enjoy. I was just that into it.
Today, I got to run 7 miles with some running buddies. So fun! I love running with people. The time just flies by, and they took me on a route I had never tried, which is always cool. On long runs outside, I constantly find myself saying, "So that's where that street comes out." And while I was at the eye doctor today, someone told me where they lived, and I responded, "Oh, I run by there sometimes. Literally." It's so cool to get to know a town on foot. Since we live in the burbs, I have more experience in downtown on my feet than in my car. Running know-how doesn't always translate to driving know-how or know-where, unfortunately.
Since the marathon, I deleted my old list of songs to add to my play list, and I'm starting fresh. I keep the list in my Notes app, and anytime I hear something that I like, I add it to The List. I don't mind having familiar songs in my play list, but I also want new songs every time. So here are ten new/new-to-my-mix songs that made it onto my latest marathon play list and that I love, love, loved.
1. "Beautiful" by Akon
2. "Krazy" by Pitbull ft. Lil' Jon. This one reminds me of my Zumba days in Florida. And I do believe they say, "Yo mama she gets crazy." So it could become the blog theme song.
3. "Switch Up" by Black Eyed Peas, unfortunately this is the only BEP song I can stand to have in my play list right now. I went too crazy with "Boom Boom Pow" and may never want to hear it again.
4. "Good Feeling" by Flo Rida
5. "Animal" by Neon Trees
6. "One Step Closer" by Linkin Park. I used to have this on a play list that I worked out to a bazillion years ago, and I've been craving it recently. It has just enough good angst for me.
7. "Like 'Em All" by Jacob Latimore. Never say never. Is it just me, or is this the black version of Justin Bieber? Or maybe Bieber is a white Latimore. Except Latimore Fever doesn't have the same ring to it.
8. "Wild Ones" by Flo Rida. You're lucky I only put Flo on here twice. It's just great running music.
9. "Tonight Tonight" by Hot Chelle Rae
10. "Good Life" by Kanye ft. T-Pain
What's your top play list pick right now?