So here's my playlist for the main event. Lady Gaga and Katy Perry made the cut. That never happens. It's like playlist suicide, but I'm going with it because I was really feeling those songs in spin class the other day.
1. Someday by The Strokes
2. Switch by Will Smith
3. Rack City by Tyga
4. Headstrong by Trapt
5. Tonight Tonight by Hot Chelle Rae
6. Stonger by Kanye West
7. Shake Wut Ur Mama Gave Ya by Barry Youngblood
8. Seven Nation Army by The White Stripes
9. Run by Vampire Weekend
10. The Ruler and The Killer by Kid Cudi
11. Roll Away Your Stone by Mumford & Sons
12. Here It Goes Again by OK Go
13. Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana
14. Time is Running Out by Muse
15. Float On by Modest Mouse
16. Shake It by Metro Station
17. One Step Closer by Linkin Park
18. The Edge of Glory by Lady Gaga
19. Power by Kanye
20. Good Life by Kanye
21. Bad Reputation by Joan Jett
22. Jai Ho by A.R. Rahman
23. Get Me Bodied by Beyonce
24. We are Young by Fun
25. Take Me Out by Franz Ferdinand
26. Firework by Katy Perry
27. Not Afraid by Eminem
I've been listening to the playlist all day to get pumped for the main event. I try not to over listen to these songs the weeks before the race so that on the days just before it, I can crank it and let the adrenaline flow.
And I found a skirt to match the new shirt I bought the other day in my rest-day-induced haze. Our Lululemon store is constantly out of my size in their Pace Setter skirts, so when I went in and they had my size AND a color other than black or white, I had to snatch it up. I'm so glad they have a store in my town because their website has a really crappy selection, and their stuff is outrageous on ebay. I mean, it's outrageous in the stores too, but it's some seriously comfortable and non-chafing stuff.
Here are some pics from when I was too lazy to actually change into the race outfit, so I put it on over my regular clothes to get a really classy picture for y'all. My eight-year-old photographer was too short to get a full length picture. Head and legs not sold separately.
|Not striking a pose. I was twisting my hair into a bun, and my daughter wouldn't pause her picture taking for hairdo adjustments.|
|Jazz hands make every outfit work.|