1. Check out Laced Up With Lipstick today, where you can find a little Yo Momma bio. On top of featuring other runners, she posts great reviews and hosts kick-a giveaways that you will want to check out.
2. So I found these open bottles of balsamic vinegar and wine at a Kentucky thrift store this week. Because I felt like surely these weren't actually open, I closely inspected them. Yup, open. I don't drink, so I'm not 100% sure that purchasing already opened wine is unacceptable. But I wouldn't purchase any other opened bottle of fluid meant to be ingested at the thrift store, so I'm pretty darn sure that I wouldn't purchase either of these, especially not for $5. Whose idea was this?
3. Pro Compression is having a super summer sale, 40% off of everything plus free shipping in the US. All you need is to enter the coupon code JULY at checkout. The code expires August 4, 2013.
I love these retro socks.
And the trainer lows are some of my favorite everyday socks. I've had them for over a year, and they've held up fabulously to the wear and tear of marathon training! And I do not take it easy on socks.
4. We stopped at the Nashville Trader Joe's on our way through this week, and I was so excited to discover gluten free Joe Joe's. While I was on vacation, I pretty much gave up on any version of clean eating, and during the last week of the trip, I gave into all possible sugar interests. Ice cream by the gallon, yes. Fresh apple turnovers from the Mennonites, absolutely. Homemade biscuits with homemade jam and butter for breakfast, I think I will.
So I felt like these cookies could at least help me cut out gluten while I was on my way to cutting out sugar. The first ingredient in these cookies is cane sugar, so you would expect them to be amazing.
No, cardboard dipped in sugar would have been just as good. They were just not very tasty, plus the pack came with a lot fewer cookies than the regular Joe Joe's. Instead of three rows, there were two. Try again, Trader Joe's. This one isn't cutting it. Sadly, because I really had my hopes up.
5. With only one run in the past two weeks, my legs are feeling fresh and ready to go. What was the first thing I did when I got home from my massive road trip (other than use my very own toilet)? Hit the gym with my training buddies. I am so, so happy to be back! And I think my legs appreciated the break.
Is there any open container of fluid that you would purchase at a thrift store? Definitely nothing that I have to ingest. I have purchased cleaners at estate sales when I lived in Florida, the hub of estate sales.
Which running socks do you own that have held up the longest?
Do you have any gluten-free favorites? Turns out that my favorites are just foods that are naturally gluten free, like a pound of chocolate!